Register Now for the July 14-15 Chipper Days! FREE Curbside Pick-Up!
Next Chipper Days - Mark Your Calendar!
1. CREATE DEFENSIBLE SPACE
Please review the booklet, “Living With Fire in Sleepy Hollow.” All Sleepy Hollow residents received a printed copy by mail in May, and a PDF version is available for download here. It contains valuable information regarding wildfire risk, defensible space, and firescaping. Additional information on creating Defensible Space is available at www.firesafemarin.org. The law requires that all property owners remove the flammable vegetation on your property to create a defensible space of at least 100 feet (PRC 4291).
2. STACK MATERIAL at Curbside
- CHIPPER CREWS WILL DISPOSE OF UP TO 5 CUBIC YARDS OF CUT VEGETATION AT NO COST (APPROXIMATELY 4'X4'X8', STACKED). Larger quantities are OK, but must be noted in your registration form.
- Limbs and branches, 1" to 6" diameter, brush, woody material, broom are OK! NO Grass, loose leaves, or soft plants (dispose of these in green cans, please). The chipper can only dispose of limbs, branches, and woody material.
- Bamboo and Juniper are OK in 2018 - please note in registration form.
- No material should be greater than 6” in diameter.
- Stack material with the CUT ENDS FACING THE STREET!
- All vegetative material should be free of rocks, dirt and other foreign material that could damage the equipment. No lumber, fencing, or other materials may be chipped.
- Material must be fire hazardous vegetation and must originate in Sleepy Hollow.
- No lumber, metal, plastic, or other materials.